Monday, September 28, 2009Y
the spoilt Monday morning
this entry... just to share the woes of working in the civil sector, as well as to vent my anger?Bad morning i had today. Was feeling really tired as usual every start of the week.. Once i stepped inside office and logged into the system, there was a call for me. [hates it when there's calls for me early in the morning] The guy claimed I sent him a form which he did not state the purpose. He then continued to scold me for my poor customer service and attitude for rejecting his daughter's form. He carried on scolding and i just listened, Clueless. I tried to interrupt to find out more details of my letter to him or track the case, but i wasn't able to. I wasnt given chance to explain... After a while he paused, and asked me what to do. I began with a Sorry, just out of courtesy. He then bombed why it took me so looong to apologise and said i was making things diff for him. HELLO!? I DIDNT EVEN NOE WHAT I DID WRONG TO DESERVE UR SCOLDING OK. WHO'S BEING DIFFICULT??He threatened to write to the press to lodge a complain... this and that, and demanded a written apology ltr. I consulted my manager for advise.. and luciky, she supported me. I do not have to apologise for sth I did not do wrong. My manager also thinks he's just crazy.anyway the case is closed... it's not the first time such unreasonable fellows demand things, insist their way. We do not have the time to make things diff for anyone. Contrary to belief, pple in the Govt sector are not so free ok... and we are also helpless cos we are governed by so many rules and policies to be adhered to strictly. And we are not CIVIL SERVANTS. not your servants whom you can scream at, and demand and threaten. one day if you are in our shoes, you will get your retribution. Glad i sounded quite firm with him. But when i put down the phone, I cried. I'm already strong to handle such cases compared to the past.but being me, I still breakdown after tat. Maybe it's just my way of getting over things. everytime, i had hoped that i would receive words of comfort - maybe just a sentence like "dun be too sad ok, it's over" or better, just a virtual Hug or Muaacks. nvm, I'm ok now...
10:24 AM